Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Underpass Singer

This is a bit odd but--Has anyone seen/heard the BSC student that sings in the underpass that divides the campus? At the end of the day on my way home from school I usually walk past this girl singing in the echoing tunnel that divides the campus.

HER VOICE IS AMAZING.

Maybe she is waiting to be discovered? My first thought when I heard her was that she should try out for American Idol. It's funny how I so quickly related the sight and sound of this stranger to a media outlet. It's like my brain is hardwired to translate everyday occurrences into media-related terms.

4 comments:

  1. That's so wierd...i have never heard of someone singing in the tunnel like that, and i'd probably think it was wierd to see it. That's so funny though how we all think alike, and the first thought when we hear a good singer is "american idol". It really is like the media has been burned into our brains and it's how we translate every day occurences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this girl, she is good! I thought the same thing, and I don't even watch American Idol. But it's funny how a show so well known makes its way into the thought patterns of those who don't even watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone needs to record / film her and get the video up on the web. Emily: you're the woman for the job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen her as well, but I thought she might be a crazy. My first thought wasn't about American Idol... But I don't watch TV or think about TV shows that often because of this. The best you'll get out of me for TV references are from shows I own the seasons of like Heroes or... Gilmore Girls. Yep, I went there.

    Off of that, though, it kind of makes sense when I see something that might be a "Gilmore-ism" I consider which character from the show they'd be. I'm still converting people to different media aspects, but only ones I'm familiar with.

    ReplyDelete