Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day

My boyfriend and I, l (and every high-schooler in America) went to see the movie Valentine's Day on Valentine's Day. I thought the movie was cute, funny, and perfect for guys and girls. This movie succeeded because it targeted young adults (especially those who were looking for something to do on V-day).

This movie was somewhat unique because its plot/name was specifically linked to its release date. The movie obviously wouldn't have done as well if it was released around Thanksgiving instead. It reminded me of the Halloween movies that are usually released the week before Halloween. (October 25, 1978 was the original release date of the first Halloween movie,-thanks IMDB.com-.)

But anyway, I was happy to see a full! movie theater -and experience the torment of wondering if the show would be sold out. I have found that movie theaters are refilling their seats again and I hope the trend continues.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, we see this all the time when movies are released. This is to gain maximum potential profit from the movie. That's why we see christmas movies during christmas time. Although when the christmas carol came out it was mid november which i found to be a little odd, but when i thought about it i realized that they wanted a head start on profits from the movie. I still haven't seen valentines day yet, but i'm sure my gf will drag me to it eventually! haha.

    ReplyDelete