Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Facebook's Many Faces

I logged on to facebook the other day and my homepage looked weird. Must be this whacked-out Dell that never works! So I pressed "Refresh". Nothing. "Refresh". Nothing. Aw man! They changed the layout of facebook again!? I think it looks weird and is harder to navigate. I was just getting used to the last update. Maybe I'm not a frequent-enough facebooker but I cannot seem to keep up with the changes. Everything seemed fine before, no? I understand they made additions and changes but why can't everything stay put? The original facebook was clean, simple, and easy to follow. Now you have to know what certain symbols mean (like the people, the dialog boxes, and the world in the upper left hand corner). I'm sure I'll get it all just in time for them to change it again =].

1 comment:

  1. It seems as if Facebook keeps changing to make itself more "open" while at the same time they close off anyone who doesn't use Facebook all that much. If you're not one of the "elite" you're left behind. I wonder if it's on purpose or unintentional.

    I'm waiting for when they allow you to choose your favorite layout. Then again, I didn't even know they made a new one, so that shows how much I use mine.

    ReplyDelete