Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Computer Genius or Regular 6 Year Old?

Today at work (I'm a nanny) the six year old girl I watch asked me if she could go on the computer. I said yes but figured I'd watch her to see what she could possibly do on the Internet. Much to my surprise the six year old had a better handle on navigating the Internet than some of the adults I know. She wanted to hear songs, and knew how to get to her parents' itunes. She wanted to watch a video and new how to get to youtube.com. She wanted to play a game and knew exactly which websites to find them at. I was highly impressed with her ability to effectively use her computer. I have heard the saying that kids know more about *turning on the TV* *using the computer* *using a cell phone* etc., but I couldn't believe that this little girl had such a handle on her source of media.

No comments:

Post a Comment