Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Commitment Issues

I know that there are many shows on TV right now that people are addicted to. Maybe I'm just picky in terms of choosing a show to follow through its entire season. I don't think I have ever actually watched a show from its pilot episode to its season finale. Many people I talk to and most of my friends are huge fans of a show (ie Grey's, Survivor, 30 Rock)...and I like some of these shows but there is just something in me that doesn't have that TV commitment.

In an attempt to get over my commitment issues, this past week i tried to watch the first episodes of the new shows Parenthood and The Marriage Ref. I was so disappointed with the storyline of the former and the lack of humor and content of the latter that I doubt I'll watch another episode of either of these. Was anyone else disappointed with the pilots of these shows? The advertisements for them seemed funny and enticing but I was left high and dry by the end of viewing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment